Get a Radon Solution Today!
Contact Us Online
Call: 1-888-370-6921

Find Your Specialist

Enter Zip/Postal Code:

Radon Zones

Radon Risk Zones in the USA

Click for Larger View

Testimonials

"I was impressed..." Read More >>

Millie Hosch, Cascade, IA

"I can finally can have a piece of mind knowing..." Read More >>

Johnny Z, Waterbury, CT

Waterborne Radon

The facts about Radon contaminated water.

Is Your Home's Water Supply Contaminated With Radon?

Radon Gas Experts Encourage Water Testing

Test Your Water For Radon Levels

Radon gas is a proven threat, but it isn't just toxic while airborne. Did you know that radon can also contaminate your water supply? If this contaminated water is then ingested, it can lead to cancer, specifically stomach cancer. The number of deaths caused by radon contaminated water is about 92% less than the number of deaths being caused by airborne radon, making waterborne radon less of a concern to homeowners. However, it's still highly encouraged that water supplies be tested for radon.

To schedule a radon test in your home, contact your local National Radon Defense dealer today! We offer radon testing and mitigation services across the country.

Why is airborne radon so dangerous?

Radon is a byproduct from uranium decay, and uranium is a common component found in most soil. As the radon and other chemicals are distributed into the air, the particles then make their way into our homes through tiny cracks and openings. A home's radon levels change throughout the year, and as the airborne radon is being breathed in, they begin to attach to and deteriorate lung tissue, potentially leading to lung cancer.

Radon's Link To Cancer

Radon exposure is in fact the leading cause of lung cancer amongst nonsmokers and kills an estimated 21,000 people each year. Some of the airborne radon actually comes from contaminated water. Contaminated water causes 168 annual cancer deaths. An estimated 89% of these deaths are from breathing in radon that's been released from water, and the remaining 11% of these deaths are caused by drinking the water. In total, only about 1-2% of all the radon found in your home's air has radiated from the drinking water.

While the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) recommends an action level of 4.0 picoCuries per liter (pCi/L) for airborne radon, the community water supplies must not include more than 4,000 pCi/L of radon-which amounts to .4 pCi/L of the radon in the air of your home.

No One Wants to Ingest Radon

Whether it's from the air you breathe or the water you drink, radon isn't a friendly ingredient. So how does radon get into water anyway and what is being done to protect the public? The history behind waterborne radon dates back to 1986, and there are plans in place to help states lessen the risk of radon exposure. From reducing radon levels in water to treating radon contaminated water, we have the resources you need to keep your family safe. Contact National Radon Defense today to get started!

Looking for a price? Get a no cost, no obligation free estimate.