Find A Dealer Near You!
Friday, June 24th
Marissa Moezzi of Flagstaff, AZ went into her doctor's office complaining of a chronic cough. At worst, she thought, she might have contracted asthma. The news she received exposed a far worse reality.
Marissa was diagnosed with Stage IV lung cancer, which came as a complete shock to her. She had never smoked a day in her life, so she was unsure how this could have happened to her. She was then informed that radon gas was the second-leading cause of lung cancer in the country.
Radon gas is formed from the natural decay of uranium found in the soil beneath most homes. Low levels of exposure are acceptable, but when Marissa got her home tested, her home was found to have high levels of radon. She had a radon mitigation system installed to prevent any further damage, but unfortunately it is too late to benefit Marissa.
Now, Marissa hopes to raise awareness about the dangers of radon by speaking out and hosting events in conjunction with LUNGFORCE's Turquoise Takeover campaign, which is sponsored by the American Lung Association. Marissa's story, scary as it is, demonstrates the real need for radon testing and mitigation across the country – a cause which National Radon Defense is proud to support.
There are several symptoms of radon poisoning that you should remain aware of. If you are concerned about radon levels in your home, it's never too late to get it tested. Find your local National Radon Defense dealer today and schedule an appointment for your radon testing or mitigation needs!
Read the original article here.